Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sex Day! & Go Ahead and Touch It!

Friends, tomorrow we find out the sex of our baby. Today, at 19 weeks, it* is six inches long from head to rump. Jason and I have decided that, whichever way it goes tomorrow, we are going to feel really, super excited and a tiny, little bit disappointed.

At any rate, this is your LAST CHANCE to say what type of baby is growing inside me. You have fifty-fifty odds, which, all things considered, is not too bad. I've had a lot of people seem pretty certain that they know. For example, Chrissy D put her hands on my belly the day before her birthday and said, "Girl. It's a girl." She could not have said it more emphatically. She said it as though she were the ultrasound technician and she was delivering the news. This has happened on multiple occasions with multiple people. I find it funny and charming.

You know what else? I LIKE when people touch my belly, so go ahead and do it! I know this is supposed to be a preggo-no-no, but I enjoy it. And I'll tell you why. Because it feels so WEIRD. It feels so...FIRM. It seems like it should be mushy or something, but it's just this big, firm belly. And -- you guys -- there is a human baby growing in there!

Or is there? Take our poll, just for fun! Everyone likes a poll, right? (And yes, you can pick a gender AND say it's a robot.) Until tomorrow, I bid you leave. I have to get back to eating every piece of food placed within a fifty-foot radius of me. (It tries to be sneaky and hide, but I can sniff it out.)

* Hooray! This is the last time I'll have to refer to poor little Delano as "it."

No comments:

Post a Comment