Saturday, June 23, 2012

Popular Demand


And this little gem, from our very dear friend Chrissy Deiger, who does this professionally (although this picture was part of a very spur-of-the-moment photo shoot in Toledo):


For the longest time, Violet was what we liked to call "a tough crowd." She smiled a lot, she chuckled quite a bit, but it took a great deal of effort to get a laugh; and if she laughed at something, she only did once. (The second time we got a rolling laugh, for example, she was about three months old. Jason kept saying, "Happy bath! Happy bath!" in this ridiculous, high-pitched voice, and she found it hilarious. For the next two weeks [at least], one or the other of us would try the phrase over and over to no avail.)

It felt like she was thinking, Yeah, I laughed at that. I already laughed at that. What else do you have?


Which was a challenge Jason and I were up to, although I can't say we were regularly successful.

And I loved this about her. I found it cute and smart and probably gave her more credit about it than I should have.

 But do you know what's even better? A baby who laughs often, and -- dare I say? -- this week it seems like we have one of those on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment