Monday, September 19, 2011

Introducing: Carrot Baby!

Last weekend, we hosted our first-ever Friend Appreciation Party. As we have managed, one way or another, to make the last year and a half or so "all about us," and done at least two things that require gift-giving and/or shower-throwing, we decided it was time to shower our friends with some gifts and some love. The lovely and talented Chrissy recapped it briefly on her blog, here.

Speaking of lovely and talented friends (and, fairly enough, it was a night literally FILLED with them), Ms. Laura Goins pointed out something equal parts hilarious and frightening about one of the ultrasound pics we have posted on our fridge. I'd like to present to you all, Carrot Baby:


In case you're still not seeing it, I've put together this:


That's right. Carrot Baby is Delano's unfortunate womb-mate. Carrot Baby, at least in this picture, is screaming directly into poor Delano's face. Carrot Baby has no sex, no eyes, and only one appendage growing out of the middle of its chest (we'll call it an arm).

Carrot Baby no doubt tells Delano what to do sometimes. In my mind, it's something like this:


I bet they fight in there sometimes, and I bet Carrot Baby fills Delano's sweet little head with all sorts of backwoods nonsense. CAPTION CONTEST! What do YOU think Carrot Baby is saying in the picture above?

Here's hoping it's the baby on the left that comes out in just under three months now.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me? Excuse me. Excuse me... I think that was supposed to be MY umbilical cord.

    ReplyDelete